There have been lots of articles and blogs about things that are wrong with the Welfare Reform Bill, but strangely there doesn’t seem to be one complete list. Please comment below to help me create such a list and I will update this text as comments come in. The Welfare Reform Bill will
- Replace DLA with PIP, introducing a 20% budget cut and regular assessments.
- Limit contribution-based ESA for people in the WRAG to one year, after which people may only claim income-based ESA if their partner earns less than £7,500 per year.
- Reduce child tax credits (not sure how exactly)
- UC will not cover spare bedrooms in social housing.
- Charge parents for the use of the CSA after breaking up.
- Limit total household benefits to £26,000 per year. (Except when on high rate PIP?)
- No longer count disabled children as having paid national insurance contributions.
- Abolished the social fund, to be replaced at the whim of local authorities.