I would be very interested in what conservative voters think on these questions. I know some good people that are conservative, and I am struggling to understand the thinking.
- What do you think are society’s obligations to the poor, the sick and the disadvantaged?
- Do you think that current cuts will impact the above? If yes, is it unavoidable? If no, why not?
- At what point is the cut off point beyond which a person should not get any help?
- Do you believe that state has any role in this help, or should it all be personal generosity?
- What do you think should happen if personal generosity does not cover required help?
Anyone that does not feel comfortable answering in a comment is welcome to contact me by email if you know my address or via the contact page shown on the top right.